Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sunday morning at

... with the dogs and the WEEKEND FINANCIAL REVIEW. I am just checking if L-plate shadow minister Barnaby Joyce's prophecy of a financial Armageddon has become reality while Padma is at the local church listening to prophecies of a different kind. We attend the local Anglican church which is to religion what the cucumber sandwich is to food – it goes quite nicely with a cup of tea, but that’s about it. I just can't stand “The Peace of Christ be with you” hugging and kissing (although it's probably as near as I can get to a blind date at my age) so I prefer a financial review to a review of my soul.

The refreshment I am indulging in ('indulging in' is that a bit of tautology? or is this a preposition the sentence finishes in? All a bit too hard for a Sunday morning!) is known as a 'Spider': place two scoops of vanilla ice-cream in a tall milkshake glass and pour in traditional lemonade. Serve with a straw and drink in the memories.